November 19, 2016

City Sunset Scene ft. Paper Smooches

Hello! I'm guest designing over at AAA Cards. The challenge theme for Game #78 is circles. I decided to use a circle mask and blended Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, and Squeezed Lemonade distress inks to create a sunset background. I've never tried using these colors to create a sunset scene before, but I think the bold, vibrant colors give a modern city vibe that match the die cuts quite nicely.

The building die cuts are from Paper Smooches' Super 2 Die. I actually cut the die cuts into 3 separate parts and arranged them differently to fit in my circle background. I've also decided to mount two of them on foam tape to create a subtle dimension, as well as add some sparkle with my wink of stella brush. The sentiment is from Sugar Pea's Wanderlust set. I hope my creation has given you a bit of inspiration, and thanks so much for stopping by. :)

8 comments:

  1. The sunset looks fabulous in these colours and love how you placed the sentiment. We are so pleased you joined us as GD for this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour choices for your sky and I love the popped up 3D silhouette city scape. Thanks so much for joining us here at AAA Cards as a Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card, Jessica! I am glad that you joined us for this game as GD. You created a beautiful cityscape. Love the way you placed the sentiment on yellow spot. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful circle inspired card Jessica and love your inky blended night sky. Perfect colour combo against the shimmering buildings. It's great to see you guest design with us at AAA Cards for this challenge. Thanks so much. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful circle inspired card Jessica and love your inky blended night sky. Perfect colour combo against the shimmering buildings. It's great to see you guest design with us at AAA Cards for this challenge. Thanks so much. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours in the night sky and the glitter on the buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Jessie! Beautiful blending, brilliant bold black and sweet sentiment. Thanks so much for Guest Designing for us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an absolutely gorgeous card - I love love love the sunset and just everything about it basically! Thank you for GD'ing with us at AAA! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.